inSync is unable to auto-discover few SharePoint sites
In the event, if inSync is unable to auto-discover few SharePoint sites, this article helps you to troubleshoot the issue. The observed scenarios around this issue are as follows:
- The manual attempt to discover the site does not display the site
- If you manually add the sites, the backup is successful
If you have not allowed the site to appear in search results within the SharePoint site settings, this issue occurs.
Perform the following steps on the Sharepoint site to auto-discover the sites.
- Select the affected site and click Site contents.
Click Site Settings on the top-right corner.
Click Search and Offline Availability.
4. Select Allow this site to appear in search results? option to Yes.
5. Click OK to save the setting.
Ensure you wait for 10 to 15 minutes for this setting to apply correctly on the Microsoft environment. You can then discover this site manually. You can also wait for the auto-discovery of this site as per the auto-discovery schedule.
Note: Once inSync discovers the site, you may revert the implemented changes on the SharePoint site.