This article explains how to resolve the Failed to get results from AD\LDAP server. Invalid credentials. error.
Error displayed on the inSync AD connector:
Error displayed on the inSync Management Console:
This error occurs while updating any changes on the inSync AD Connector. Often the error can occur if any of the values in the following fields are incorrect:
- Host name
- LDAP port number
The error can also occur if the user's account:
- is locked or disabled.
- password has changed or expired.
Ensure the following:
- On the inSync AD connector, make sure that the correct host is selected. This host is an IP address of the AD server.
- On the AD connector, make sure the correct port number is displayed. Your organizations may use port numbers other than 389 for LDAP.
- Ensure you have entered the correct AD credentials. If the credentials are correct and the issue still persists, complete the following steps.
- Logon to the AD console and search the account for which you have configured the AD connector.
- Make sure the account is not disabled. Re-enable the account if required. Also, unlock the account if it is locked.
- Reset the password and update the credentials on the AD connector.
For more information see this video on troubleshooting inSync AD connector issues.