How to back up an entire drive from the device
This article applies to:
- OS: Windows 7.0 and later
- Product edition: InSync Cloud and inSync On Premise 5.7 and later
This article describes how to take a complete backup of the individual drives/partitions instead of folders using an all drive backup.
Back up an entire drive
inSync cloud and profile administrators can configure a profile to back up an entire drive using these steps:
- Log on to inSync Management Console.
- Click Profiles on the menu bar and click the profile name.
- Open the Devices tab and click Edit.
- Under Laptops & Desktops, open the Windows tab and click Add Folder. You can also select All Drives and directly set the include and exclude filters.
- Enter the drive name in Folder to be backed up. Make sure you add the drive names with a colon (:) in this field.
- Enter Folder display name of your choice.
- Configure include and exclude filters and Exclude Paths as required.
- Click Save.
inSync Client users can also configure an entire drive for backup provided the user has the permission to add the folders for backup. To add an entire drive for backup:
- Open the inSync Client.
- On the Backup & Restore tab, click Add Folder.
Select the drive to add for backup and click Next.
- The page displays all the folders and files that will be backed up based on the include and exclude filters set in the profile.
- Click Save. The drive gets configured for backup.