This article applies to:
- OS: All supported operating systems
- Product edition: inSync Cloud
By default, inSync uses the registered inSync email addresses, instead of User Principal Name (UPN), to back up shared mailboxes. inSync does not support AD attribute - UPN to back up shared mailboxes. Due to a Microsoft API limitation, it is difficult to identify whether an email address belongs to a user or a shared mailbox.
This article provides a workaround to back up shared mailboxes when inSync is configured to use UPN.
Back up a shared mailbox
- Create a new profile for shared mailboxes and assign the inSync accounts attached to the shared mailboxes to this profile.
- Set Login using field to AD/LDAP Account from SSO\inSync Password and select the AD server. An additional field AD/LDAP User Name is displayed for accounts added under the new profile.
- Click Edit to update the User Summary and change the AD/LDAP User Name to the accounts email address.
- Click Save.