How to deploy inSync Client via Jamf pro
This article applies to:
- OS: All supported Mac OS
- Product edition: inSync Client
The purpose of this article is to create a policy in Jamf pro using which we can deploy inSync client in the devices.
Create a policy in Jamf pro
All fields are not mandatory. The mandatory fields are described in detail in this topic.
- Login to the Jamf pro webpage.
- Select the Computers tab.
- Under Content management, click Policies.
- Click button.
- In the New Policy page, under the Options tab, in the General section, enter the policy name.
- In the Trigger option please select the events which can be used to initiate the policy.
- Select the execution frequency from the drop-down menu and click Save.
- Click the Scope tab.
- In the Targets tab, select Target computers, and Target Users. You can select All computers and All users if you want this policy to be applied to all of them.
- (Optional) The next Self Service tab is not mandatory. If you want an app to be available in the Self-services portal, you can check this option and then define its Display Name and button name.
- (Optional) The Last tab of User Interaction is not mandatory. Here messages can be used for providing more information during the installation.
- Please navigate to the Packages section under the Options tab.
- Click Configure.
- Click New.
- In the General tab, enter the Display name and in the Filename field, click Choose File.
It opens a new file upload window.
- Browse to the location where you have inSync mpkg file and click Open.
- Rest of the fields info and notes are optional.
- (Optional) Rest two tabs Options and Limitations are optional.
- Click the Save button.
You can see that the Package is listed.
- Click Add to add it as a part of your policy.
- Select the Distribution Point for the package as per your suitability and select Install under the Action drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the Scripts section under the first tab Options.
- Click the Configure.
- Click New.
- In the General tab, enter the Display name and rest of the fields information and notes are optional.
- In the Script tab, enter the script for inSync client activation. See this article for more information.
- In the Options tab, select the Priority as After from the drop-down menu. Leave the Parameter Labels field blank.
- Limitations tab is optional.
- Click Save.
How to deploy inSync Client 5.8 and later versions via SCCM 2012?