This article applies to:
- OS: All supported operating systems
- Product edition: inSync Cloud
After restoring the exchange online data, the files are visible from the online portal but are not visible on Outlook.
If Microsoft 365 uses Microsoft Outlook version 2013, 2016, or 2019 to connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox, the email folders display only the newer items. Since the restored data has older metadata, Outlook does not display it directly.
The below message displayed within the subfolders.
This issue occurs with the following outlook settings:
- The Download Preferences are set to Download Headers and Then Full Items or Download Headers.
- The Mail to keep offline setting is not set to All.
Resolve this issue using one of the following options:
- Click the Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange link. This downloads the data and you can view and access the same.
- Set the Download Preferences to Download Full Items as described below:
- Start Outlook.
- Open the Send/Receive tab and click Download Preferences > Download Full Items.