How to install SSL certificate on Node Server?
Product edition: On-Premises
Before you install the certificate on inSync Storage Node Server, you need to create the correct formatted certificate which will work with inSync.
Refer the section on How to setup and install a Trusted Certificate from a Certification Authority (CA) to create the correct formatted certificate.
Install the certificate on inSync Storage Node Server
There are two methods to install the certificate on inSync Storage Node Server:
Manually import the certificate on inSync Storage Node Server
- Stop the inSync services and wait for the processes to end on the Task Manager.
- Rename the existing inSyncServerSSL.key, present in C:\ProgramData\Druva\inSyncCloud\inSyncServer4\ to inSyncServerSSL.key.old and copy the New inSyncServerSSL.key generated, as per the SSL article.
- Start all the inSync services and check if the certificates have been loaded correctly.
Import the certificate from the admin console
- On inSync Management Console, go to Manage > Storage List > Storage Nodes.
- Select the storage node on which you want to install the certificate.
- Click Edit under the Edge Server tab.
- Click the folder icon for SSL certificate on the Edge Server page to upload the certificate.
Do not use the certificate provided by the CA directly on the admin console.