This article applies to:
- OS: Windows devices
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premise
inSync Client remains stuck in the backup initialization stage without initiating a backup. The process ends without a backup or any error.
The backup share consists of data from a USB-type drive or a storage not running NTFS. In either case, inSync does not back up data from the device and eventually, the backup process fails.
- Check the type of external drive that needs to be backed up with the following command:
wmic diskdrive get name, interfacetype, caption, deviceid, mediatype
- Identify and exclude those folders from backup which are shared from the USB type drives or storage.
Druva has added restrictions that allow or block backups from external hard drives. To enable backups from external drives, contact Druva Support.
Solution-based default settings:
- inSync Cloud: Backups from external hard drives is disabled by default. Contact Druva Support to activate backups from external drives.
- inSync On-Premise: Backups from external hard drives is enabled by default.
To back up external hard drives, inSync administrator must enable to All Drive backup from the profile assigned to the user. The backups succeed if the device recognizes the external HDD as IDE or SCSI running the NTFS file system.