This article applies to:
- OS: Windows 10
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premise
By default, inSync Client backs up the Microsoft Edge browser favorites and bookmarks through Persona backup. However, the persona data can only be restored when performing a “device replacement”. You can back up the default folder where the Microsoft Edge browser stores the favorites and bookmarks by using Druva inSync.
Perform the following steps to backup your favorites and bookmarks in Microsoft Edge:
- Add a custom folder for backups in inSync profile to back up all files located at
On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
Click the profile for which you want to configure custom folders for backup.
Click the Devices tab, click User Settings > Edit. The Edit Device Backup Configuration window appears.
Click the platform for which you want to configure the backup folders; for example, if you want to configure backup folders for Windows, click the Windows tab.
Click the Add Folder link. Add the following path in Folder to be backed up
Add a Folder Display name; for example, Edge Browser favorites.
Include all files and click Save.
For more information, refer to Configure folders for backup on user devices inSync.
2. Check inSync client and trigger a backup.
Perform the following steps to restore Microsoft Edge browser favorites.
1. Use inSync Client to restore the entire folder to an alternative location on the device.
2. Use Task Manager to ensure that no Microsoft Edge processes are running in the background.
3. Copy the restored folder from the alternative location over a folder in local app data. Replace the existing folder.
4. Restart Microsoft Edge to complete the process.
Your Microsoft Edge browser favorites are restored.