This article applies to:
- OS: Windows
- Product edition: inSync Client
inSync Client activation fails even after adding correct server details and the Client UI redirects the user back to the Client activation screen.
This issue occurs when inSync.cfg file is corrupted. inSync.cfg corruption can happen due to:
- Antivirus scan
- Disk issue on the system
- Some other application having a handle
- Network interruption or system crash when the inSync.cfg file was being modified
Perform the following steps to rename inSync.cfg and resolve this issue:
- Stop inSync Client service.
- Stop all the inSync process running on the system. Kill the process if required.
- Rename existing inSync.cfg to inSync.old
- Start Druva inSync Client service. When you start the inSync Client, you will have to re-activate the client by selecting the device.
Note: If the issue has occurred due to third-party or antivirus interference with inSync Client, refer the article titled Avoiding third party/anti-virus interference with inSync client for resolution of the issue.