SummaryThis article explains what actions are needed when your restore fails.
Restore errors and solutions
You may come across the following error messages when restoring your data:
- Server Busy
- Internal Error
- Server not reachable
1. Server busy: This denotes that the inSync server is currently busy with backup/restore activity for other users. There are a limited number of connections that can be established with the server simultaneously.
Solution : It would be ideal to wait for 30 – 60 minutes before trying again.
2. Internal Error: This means that there is currently some issue with reading your data from the server.
Solution : As a workaround, you can try to restore your data from another/older restore point. Contact your inSync administrator.
3. Server not reachable : It denotes that your inSync client application is not able to connect to the server due to a possible network issue.
Solution : Contact your inSync administrator.
You can also try below steps to restore your data:
- inSync Web: Launch the inSync Web Restore using the URL provided by your Administrator and log in with your e-mail address and inSync password. Thereafter, try to restore your data.
- Server Side Restore: Ask your inSync administrator to restore your data from the server Administration GUI and then provide it to you.