How to collect Skyhook/Device Trace debug log for Windows and Mac
This article explains the procedure to collect skyhook/device trace debug logs.
Procedure to enable WPS logging for Windows device
- Stop inSync client service and kill inSyncAgent.exe process on the machine showing incorrect location.
- Put attached wpslog.properties in the installation directory i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Druva\inSync or C:\Program Files\Druva\inSync
- Start client service.
- Take a backup and let it complete.
- While the backup is in progress, collect following screenshots:
- Browse to inSync Admin console > Governance > Data Loss Prevention and take relevant screenshots of the issue.
- Browse to affected device page > DLP tab and take uncropped screenshot of this page.
- Browse to a device page showing correct location > DLP tab and take uncropped screenshot of this page.
- After backup is done, collect the following logs.
- Debug log file C:\inSync4\wpslog.txt would have been created. Collect wpslog.txt along with zip of C:\inSync4\users\<user-<wbr/>profile>
- Collect Windows Application and System event logs.
Procedure to enable WPS logging for Mac device
- Stop all inSync processes on Mac using killall inSync. Make sure that all processes are killed.
- Add this content to the file: DEBUG, wpslog.txt. Save the file in /library/Applications/Druva inSync
- Define an environment variable WPS_LOG_CONFIGURATION by executing the following command-
export WPS_LOG_CONFIGURATION=/<wbr/>library/Applications/Druva inSync/wpslog.properties
- Launch the inSync and run a backup.