This article applies to:
- OS: Windows
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premise
The following error is displayed during the installation of inSync Client.
Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy.9.0.Microsoft.VC90.CRT,version="9.0.21022.8",publicKeyToken="",processorArchitecture="amd64";,type="win32-policy".
This issue is caused by Msiinstaller due to one of the following reasons:
- Pending reboot
- Incomplete installed updates
- Broken .Net Framework or VC++ Redistributable
Remove all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.
All versions of Microsoft VC++ applications must be removed (uninstalled) from the system to perform the steps provided below. Ensure none of the third-party applications are impacted due to this action. Druva recommends involving the OS team during this activity.
Steps to remove the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages:
- Launch the Add/Remove Programs window from Control Panel on the Windows system.
- Locate Microsoft VC++ applications and uninstall all of them separately.
- Restart the system.
To install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package, access the following link: