inSync 5.6 now enables end-users to disable endpoint backups via personal mobile hotspots and Mi-Fi devices. To enable the detection, you can follow the steps mentioned in this article.
- Log in to inSync Cloud.
- Select Profile and choose the desired Profile.
- Under Laptop Backup Schedule, enable the option - Allow users to opt out of networks for backup.
- With the option enabled, the inSync Client window will look like the following screenshot.
- The users can select the hotspot connection and different 3G/4G network which they wish to block.
After the selected network is blocked, the network’s name will be listed under Blocked Network list.
- When the backup runs from a blocked network, the user gets the following error.
inSync Cloud, on-premise and inSync Client running v 5.6