How to schedule report delivery to a non-administrator
This article applies to:
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premise
In several scenarios, inSync reports have to be shared with users who do not have the inSync Administrator credentials. This article provides the steps to configure inSync to automatically send inSync report notifications to such non-administrator users.
Include non-Administrators to inSync Report notifications list
Use one of the following methods:
Method-1: Set a forwarding rule from the email inbox to the non-Administrator user.
- Create a new role:
- Log in to the inSync Management Console and go to > Administrators. The Administrators and Roles page is displayed.
- Open the Roles tab and click Create Role.
- On the Create New Role window, enter the name of the role, a brief description, set the value of Import rights from list to View only admin, and click Next.
- On the Assign Rights page, select Reporting and Alert Management and click Finish.
- Create a new administrator and assign the new role:
- Open the Administrators tab and click Create Administrator.
- Enter the name and email address of the non-Administrator user.
- From the Assign role list, assign the new role created in earlier and click Next.
- Select the appropriate profile and click Finish.
- Next steps: The non-Administrator user must log in to the inSync Management Console with the new credentials and perform the following steps:
- Set up the reporting schedule.
- Disable all the alert subscriptions to prevent non-relevant alert notifications.
- Change the password if required as a security measure.