How to create manual AD filters
|Approved by:||Udaysingh Chauhan||Feature category:||Install & Config|
This article applies to:
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premise
Consider a scenario where the AD OU list is too large, which prevents the selection of the desired AD Group or OU to import its users in inSync.
inSync displays the following error:
OU List too large to populate error while creating AD mapping.
However, even after switching to manual AD/LDAP filters, importing users fails after creating the AD mapping.
This article provides the steps required to create Manual AD filters to import AD Group / Organization Unit based users.
Create Manual AD filters
- Ensure AD Connector is registered and connected for inSync Cloud
- AD account is set up and working. (for inSync Cloud/On-Premise)
Create the Group-Based AD Mapping and Organization Based AD Mapping after following these initial steps:
- On the inSync Management Console, go to Manage > AD/LDAP > Mappings tab.
- Click New Mapping > Type the name of AD/LDAP Mapping.
- Under AD/LDAP server select the required LDAP server.
- Select the name to be used for AD creation appropriately.
- Click Switch to manual AD/LDAP filters link to switch to manual filters.
For Group Based AD Mapping and OU Based AD Mapping, follow the steps provided under the respective sections below.
Group Based AD Mapping
- Under Filter Users section, leave the Organisation Unit details blank.
- Copy the Distinguished Name of the AD Group from the AD, as evident from the image below
- Click Next and complete the AD Mapping creation and then try to import the users.
Organization Based AD Mapping
- Under Filter Users section, leave the AD Group details blank.
- Copy the Distinguished Name of the AD Organizational Unit Group from the AD, as evident from the image below.
- Click Next and complete the AD Mapping creation and then try to import the users. The import screen displays the users from the desired AD Group. Contact Druva Support for further assistance.