This article applies to:
- OS: All Client operating systems
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premise
inSync users get automatically preserved on the inSync Management Console. If the administrator activates the user, the user is preserved again after some time.
inSync backups from the user's device fail with the following error:
Admin has disabled the account.
This issue is observed when:
- Users are imported from AD irrespective of their login mechanism.
- Auto-Preserve unmapped users setting is enabled in their profile.
inSync marks a user as preserved when:
- The user's account is disabled or deleted from the AD or when it is moved to a group or OU that does not fall under the scope of the AD Mappings.
- The user is deleted and recreated in the AD without deleting from inSync. This changes the User Object GUID when the user is recreated.
Based on the cause of the issue, resolve using the following options:
- Enable the user in the Active Directory and ensure that the user falls under the scope of the AD Mapping.
- If the user was deleted and recreated in AD without deleting from inSync, contact Druva Support.