This article applies to:
- OS: Windows 10 Version 1709
- Product edition: inSync Cloud
Windows 10 Fall creators update 1709 has implemented a feature titled Files on-Demand in OneDrive. If Files On-Demand is enabled, OneDrive folder becomes non-readable due to change in its properties.
To ensure continued backups from OneDrive folder, you need to disable the Files On-Demand feature using the following steps:
- Right-click on the OneDrive icon on the taskbar and click Settings.
- On the Settings tab and clear the checkbox under Files On-Demand.
- Click OK.
inSync will start detecting the OneDrive folder again and will backup this folder.
Disable Microsoft OneDrive Backup feature
To ensure continued backups from OneDrive folder, you need to disable the Microsoft OneDrive Backup feature using the following steps:
- Right-click on the protected file or folder. In the pop-up that appears, click Settings. The Microsoft OneDrive window appears.
- On the Microsoft OneDrive pop-up, select the Backup tab.
- On the Backup tab, select Manage backup. The Back up your folders window appears.
- On the Back up your folders window, clear the checkbox for the folder that you want to include for the next backup cycle.
inSync client can now navigate to the directory to add this folder. Also, if you have defined the backup folder within the users' inSync profile, it will appear for the next backup cycle.
- Click the Close icon.