Troubleshoot restore failure due to inaccessible restore location
This article applies to:
- OS: Windows
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premises
The restore operation starts but fails shortly when:
- A user initiates a restore from inSync Client.
- An inSync Administrator initiates a restore from the inSync Management Console
This failure is also observed during restore of backup share as well as restore of system and application settings.
When a restore is triggered either from inSync Client or from inSync Management Console:
- A restore request is generated.
- The inSync Client machine receives the restore request and the process to handle this operation on the client is called as inSync.exe.
- If the restore request is for configured backup shares, the restore process is handed over to inSyncUSyncer.exe.
- If the request is to restore the System and App settings, the request is routed through inSync.exe.
- The Server/Cloud also fetches the selected data for restore from the storage.
Note: During this operation, the restore request remains in a Queued state.
- After a while, the actual restore begins.
The restore destination is not accessible.
It is possible that the destination is not reachable or the logged in user does not have proper rights to access the location.
Since this is a restore process, the user must have at-least read/write/create permissions on the restore location.
Verify if the destination is reachable and user has proper permission.