This article applies to:
- OS: All supported operating systems
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premise
This procedure describes the steps to restore data backed up from a decommissioning or an already decommissioned device. Since the device user cannot restore data of the decommissioned device, the inSync Administrator has to restore the data from the inSync Management Console.
For security reasons, a decommissioned/decommissioning device is not displayed on the Restore page (https://cloud.druva.com/home or https://IP address or FQDN of the master server/home) of the inSync Management Console. Hence, the user has no option but to restore data with the help of an inSync Administrator.
Restore data of a decommissioned device
- Log in to the inSync Management Console and go to Availability > Restore.
- Select the name of the user for whom the data needs to be restored and click Restore.
- Select the required data source and snapshots from which data needs to be .
- Select the required data source, snapshots, and data that needs to be downloaded.
- Click Download.