This article addresses the following requirements and scenarios:
- Administrators may require to add a logo and modify the content of the password email which is sent to the user while resetting the password or while creating a new user.
- Users may not read the entire content of the email. There is also a possibility that the email might be missed, assuming it to be a general notification email/alert from Druva or considering it to be a spam mail. This leads to inactivation of the user devices.
- Large organizations might also filter the cloud admin emails to avoid flooding the end user inbox with unwanted emails.
inSync administrators can address the above-mentioned issues and more by modifying the content of the password email sent to the users. They can also insert a logo to attract more attention so that the mail is not missed.
Modifying the password email content:
- Login to Druva admin console using the administrator credentials.
- Click on the Users tab.
- Select the user for which you need to reset the password.
- Click on More > Reset Password. The Reset Password dialog box is displayed with the default email content.
- Enter the custom message that you want to send in the password email, as displayed in the image below.
Note: Do not change the password and user name field indicated in the image below. The rest of the body can be modified.
Inserting logo in the email message
- Replace LOGO URL in the following HTML script with the actual URL of the logo that you want to insert in the mail.
<img src="LOGO URL"><br /><br />
For example: If the logo URL is http://pages2.druva.com/rs/307-ANG-7...reen199x44.png, the HTML script must appears as follows.
<img src="http://pages2.druva.com/rs/307-ANG-7...reen199x44.png"><br /><br />
- Insert the HTML script in the email at the place where you want the logo to appear.
The resulting email with the logo and custom message may appear as below:
Obtaining the logo URL
1. Open the website where the logo resides or logo is displayed.
2. Right-click on the logo and select Copy image address. The copied image address is the logo URL.
3. Paste the URL in a new browser tab to verify.