This article applies to
- OS: Windows
- Product editions: inSync Cloud and On-Premise
Sometimes inSync Client displays an error - Could not connect to inSync Service. On the Task Manager, inSync.exe comes up immediately when inSync Client service starts, but crashes in a few seconds.
This issue occurs when the inSync.cfg file has corrupted. inSync.cfg corruption can happen due to:
- Antivirus scan
- Disk issue on the system
- Some other application having a handle
- Network interruption or system crash when the .cfg file was being modified
If the issue has occurred due to third-party or antivirus interference with inSync Client, refer the article titled Antivirus recommendations for inSync Client for resolution of the issue.
If the issue is caused due to other reasons, use the following steps for resolution:
- Stop inSync Client service.
- Stop all the inSync processes running on the system. Kill the process if required.
For example, verify whether all following processes running on the system are either stopped or killed:
Most inSync process names begin with inSync
- Rename existing inSync.cfg to inSync.old.
Note : inSync.cfg is located at C:\ProgramData\Druva\inSync4\users\<user_name> or C:\inSync4\users\<user_name>. You need to unhide ProgramData folder on the drive to access the inSync.cfg file.
- Start Druva inSync Client service.
- Re-activate inSync Client by selecting the device when you start the inSync Client.