This article applies to
- OS: Windows
- Product editions: inSync Cloud and On-Premise
Sometimes on client machine, we see that inSync client generates error “Could not connect to inSync Service”. If you check task manager then you will see as soon as you start inSync client service, inSync.exe will come up however will crash in few seconds.
On the Task Manager, inSync.exe appears as soon as inSync Client starts but it crashes in a few seconds.
This issue occurs when inSync.cfg file is corrupted. inSync.cfg corruption can happen due to:
- Antivirus scan
- Disk issue on the system
- Some other application having a handle
- Network interruption or system crash when the .cfg file was being modified
If the issue has occurred due to third-party or antivirus interference, with inSync Client, refer the article titled Antivirus recommendations for inSync Client for resolution of the issue.
If the issue is caused due to other reasons, use the following steps for resolution:
- Stop inSync Client service.
- Stop all the inSync process running on the system. Kill the process if required.
- Rename existing inSync.cfg to inSync.old
- Start Druva inSync Client service.
When you start the inSync Client, you will have to re-activate the client by selecting the device.