This article explains how to backup Lotus Notes using inSync.
inSync supports MAPI for Outlook, which is a quicker way to backup emails. However, it can also backup files from other email clients as a flat file. inSync does not have a template in the profile to backup Lotus notes, by default. You must set up a profile to backup different versions of Lotus Notes from the client machines.
Typically, Lotus notes files from various versions are found in the following directories:
- C:\program files\lotus\notes
- C:\programs files\IBM\lotus\notes
- C:\program files\IBM\notes
The following is the list of file that needs to be backed up:
- Add a new backup folder.
- Under Folder to be backed up, type C:
- Type the name of the required backup folder to backup.
- In the Include Files box, remove the list of pre‐configured templates, if any.
- In the Include Files box, enter the required extensions of the files to backup, for example, notes.ini, desktop8.ndk, *.nsf, *.id, user.dic, install.log.
- In the Exclude Paths box, enter the paths of the program files that you want to exclude from backup.
The Edit Profile page is shown below:
Note: inSync will initiate a full scan on the C:\ drive which may take some time and the users may experience performance degradation for a short while. Note that this is a one time process, and the subsequent backups will be much faster.
For more information about the list of Notes files that should be backed up, refer to this article.