How to change SCIM token for Druva inSync App
Druva enables inSync administrators to automate user management in Druva inSync using System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) v2.0. SCIM is a standard for the exchange of user identities between identity providers (IdPs) and applications requiring user identity information (such as enterprise SaaS apps).
To integrate the Druva SCIM App, the SCIM Token is used, This token is valid for 365 days and the inSync Administrator receives a below email notification asking to change/update the SCIM Token:
To make sure User provisioning is uninterrupted inSync Admin has to update the new SCIM Token before the expiry date, please follow the steps to update the new SCIM Token in Azure Portal.
To create a new SCIM Token login to https://login.druva.com
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Users > Deployment.
- On the SCIM Deployment page, click the Settings tab
- In the Auth Token for SCIM section, click Generate Token.
Copy this SCIM Token in the Notepad so that can be used to update the current SCIM Token.
To update the new SCIM Token into Azure Portal:
- On the Azure console, go to All Services > Enterprise Applications section and select your SCIM app.
- On the App Overview page, select Provisioning under Manage on the left pane.
- Under the Admin credentials section Tenant URL should be already available: Format: https://apis.druva.com/insync/scim
- Paste the Secret Token: Enter the token that you generated on the inSync Management Console for SCIM-based user management.
- Once the Tenant URL and Secret token are in place, click on the Test Connectivity on the right top corner, the test should be successful.