How to restore System App settings and backup data?
This article explains the steps to perform System App settings restore. These steps apply when you are trying to activate the client manually.
- Consider a scenario where User has a single device named “KALPESH-PC”.
- User has to reimage the device.
Now, User wants to retrieve the data back to this reimaged device along with the system app settings. (Persona restore)
- User installs the inSync Client and activates it.
- User will get the following window on the client machine.
- The above window would basically mean that User has activated a device which has the same hostname as it used earlier i.e KALPESH-PC. (This applies only for fresh installations of inSync Cloud and On-premise 5.5 and above.)
- User can then select the option to restore “All backup data” and/or “System and application settings”.
- Consider another scenario, where the new device does not have the same host name as the previous one. In this case User will see the below window.
- If User wants to perform a persona restore (system and application settings), then he needs to select the option to “Replace my existing device” post which User will see the following window.
- User can then select the device (if he has multiple devices) and choose the option to restore “All backup data” and/or “System and application settings”.
- This will restore the selected options and will replace the KALPESH-PC with the new device name for example-TEST.
Note: User will not lose the restore points of the previous device i.e KALPESH-PC.
- Alternatively, if the User does not wish to replace the device and wants to add a new device with the data restored from the previous device along with the system app settings, he can select the option to “Add as new device”
- The same window pops up and User can choose to select the option he likes.
- This will add a new device along with the existing device.
Note: For steps of automated activation, refer the following link.