This article applies to:
- OS: Windows, iOS
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premises
The following procedures provide the steps to collect network information when the scheduled inSync backups fail to occur. Separate procedures for iOS and Windows are provided below.
Collect network information from a Windows device
To collect the network information from a Windows device:
- Enable CDEBUG for inSync Client device with the steps described in the How to enable CDEBUG for inSync client section.
- Set up and collect network capture 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time as described in How to set up and collect network capture using Network Monitor tool.
- Download and set up the Process Monitor to collect its trace 2 minutes prior to the scheduled time as described below:
- Close all unused applications from the client device.
- Run Procmon.exe after which logs are generated automatically.
- Minimize the Process Monitor and reproduce the issue.
- Open the Process Monitor and go to the File menu and clear the Capture Events checkbox. This stops the event logging.
- Go to File > Save.
- Select All Events under Events and specify the path to save the logs.
- Click OK.
- Open the command prompt and run the command:
Tasklist /svc > c:\Task1.txt
- After the issue is reproduced, collect the following logs, Process Monitor logs, and Network Monitor logs:
- C:\ProgramData\Druva\inSync4 folder
- Windows System and Application Event logs from the server saved in .evt or .evtx format
- Zip all the folders and name the file with the case number and share it with Druva Support from Druva File Upload link.
Collect network information from a Mac device
- Create a new folder labeled CDEBUG at the root of the following path to enable CDEBUG for the inSync Client.
- Get the following from their specified locations:
- Entire inSync folder from /Users/<Username>/Library/Application Support/inSync.
- The network capture 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time as specified in Capture a packet trace using Terminal on your Mac section.
- The inSyncdecommission.log from /var/log/inSync directory
- The system.log from /var/log/system.log location.
- Zip all the collected files and folders, name the file with the case number, and upload it from Druva File Upload link.