This article explains the steps to resolve the issue with DLP device trace.
Either first backup was not completed for this device OR Wi-Fi/GPS adapters could not be found on this device which helps in determining the exact location.
- Cloud: Login to Portal – Governance – Data Loss Prevention – Under ALL Devices, click on the device name whose location is "Unknown".
On Premise: Login to Admin console – Click on DLP tab - Under ALL Devices, click on the device name whose location is "Unknown".
- Click on DLP sub tab next to Summary as seen in the following screenshot
- Confirm if you are able to see the location of the device in Maps section.
- If yes, that means this location was retrieved using IP address of the server (Reverse IP Lookup) and there was some problem with Wi-Fi and GSM adapters as they are primary source of determining the location.
- In case, Wi-Fi or GSM adapters are present on the affected device and still the location is showing as UNKNOWN in the console, then collect relevant logs from the client machine as mentioned in the following article and contact Druva Technical Support for further investigation.
Note: Ensure that a backup is completed for the device in question, otherwise location will be shown as Unknown and last connected field will show as N/A.