This article applies to:
- OS: Windows
- Product edition: inSync Cloud
This article describes the procedure to bulk import Active Directory (AD) users to inSync from Microsoft 365 for OneDrive and Exchange Online backup.
Bulk import users to inSync from Microsoft 365
To import AD users that are synced to Microsoft 365:
- Log in to Microsoft 365 and export the users to a .csv file. The .csv file gets downloaded locally.
- To avoid back up of shared mailboxes, apply filters to specific columns such as disabled users and unlicensed users. This step is optional.
- Copy the userprincipalname and displayname columns to the filtered .csv file and rename the file to inSyncimport.csv.
- Ensure the headers of inSyncimport.csv are Username and Email.
- Login to inSync Management Console and click Users on the menu.
- Click Import > Import from CSV.
- Click icon and select inSyncimport.csv for import and click Next.
- Select the users to import and assign the profile, storage, and quota on the subsequent screens.
On a successful import, the users are displayed on the inSync Management Console.
inSync treats the users imported through the .csv file as manually imported or created users. Hence, for any updates made to the user account in Microsoft 365, inSync Administrators must manually update the user accounts in the inSync Management Console.
To import users from an On-Premise AD, see Auto-import users from your AD/LDAP.