This article is applicable for inSync client installed on:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Client machine crashes after installation of inSync client. This issue is caused due to a third-party driver or a faulting module. Since the crash is triggered after installation of inSync client, it gives a false impression that the issue is caused due to the installation of inSync client.
When Windows OS crashes, it creates a memory dump in C:\Windows folder with file extension .dmp by default. This is normally present in C:\Windows\Minidump folder.
Use the latest dump from C:\Windows\Minidump folder when you perform the following steps:
- Download windows debugging tools and install them. (Reference: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/windows-assessment-deployment-kit)
- Open windbg and load the Symbols in windbg
- Go to File > Symbol Search Path and enter above URL as shown below:
- Load the dump file File > Open Crash Dump > Browse and select dump file.
- Wait till the dump file is loaded, it may take a some time.
- Click on analyse-v to perform automatic dump analysis.
The complete analysis of dump displayed in same window as below. Check the name of image file (IMAGE_NAME) in analysis causing the BSOD. This image file is the third-party faulting driver or module.
To resolve the issue caused due to this faulting third-party driver or module, contact the respective third-party vendor.
The affected machine should not crash after installing inSync client and backups must not fail.