This article applies to:
- OS: Windows
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premises
Note: You may see this error for any version of inSync Client. The respective inSync Client version being installed or upgraded will be displayed in place of version 5.5 displayed on the images in this article.
You may see the error shown in the image below during inSync Client installation.
The error occurs when the inSync cannot access the default temporary folder in Windows (%temp%). A third-party program may restrict the access to this folder, or inSync may not have sufficient permissions to access the temporary folder.
Perform the following pre-check to find the event log.
- Open the Event Viewer.
- Expand Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application.
- Find for the following traceback:
Log Name: Application
Logged: <mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM>
Event ID: 10005
Task Category: None
Product: Druva inSync -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2203.The arguments are: C:\Windows\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi, -2147023504,
- Right-click Windows Start and click Search.
- Enter %temp% in the search box and click the first search result.
The Temp folder opens in a new window.
- Go one folder higher and open the Local folder in the same window.
- Right-click on Temp folder and click Properties > Security tab.
- Click Edit and on Permissions for Temp window, click Add.
The Select Users, Computers, Service Accounts, or Groups window is displayed.
- Enter Everyone under Enter the object names to select text box and click Check Names.
Everyone gets underlined.
- Click OK and on Permissions for Temp window, select Full control Full control under the Allow column.
- Click OK on all the windows to save the configuration.
Use this resolution if the issue does not resolve with Resolution-1
- Rename the Druva folder from C:\Program Files or Program Files X86\ to Druva.old.
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Backup the registry using File > Export and save it as .reg file.
- expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > CLASSES > Installer > Products.
- Search for keywords - Druva inSync, Druva, and inSync, and delete the GUID entries containing these keywords.
Note: The GUID is different for every version of inSync Client, hence make sure you search for the same key mentioned in the Description part of Application Event LOG.
- Close the Registry Editor and install the inSync Client again.
If the issue persists, contact Druva Technical Support.