The inSync iPhone app backs up contacts, photos, videos on your iPhone to an inSync server.
Backup tasks and statistics are accessed from the My Account screen. See Viewing Account Details.
Note: You can backup data only if the device is linked to your inSync account, a device in Access-only mode cannot backup its data. See Device Configuration.
The first backup of the device happens as soon as backup services are enabled on the device. Subsequent backups start automatically as per a schedule defined on the inSync server. Ensure that the app is on screen while the backup is in progress.
The contents being backed up depend on what was configured for backup by your inSync administrator.
The Backup section shows the device backup statistics. It shows:
- The device Backup task status (In Progress or Completed).
- The Backup Services configuration (Disabled or Activated) If your inSync account is configured for it, you will be able to activate or disable Backup Services.
- The last completed backup time.
- The next scheduled backup time.
- The contents that were backed up.
To backup all the photos, videos and contacts at any time, tap Backup Now.
Note: The backup can inititate over a Wi-Fi or cellular network depending on the settings on the backup server.
Photos and videos backup
inSync backs up all photos and all the images which are present in the Camera Roll of the device.
inSync backs up all the Contacts present on the device.