Troubleshooting error when connecting to inSyncConfigDBServer on Linux
This article applies to:
Product edition: inSync On-Premise
The following error is displayed when you manually connect to inSyncConfigDBServer on a Linux system.
Error - [5.4][Linux-Ubuntu]:"error while loading shared libraries: libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" observed while installing inSync server.
The library file libaio.so.1 is not registered under /etc/ld.so.conf file due to which inSync is unable to use this file.
The library file libaio.so.1 is located in /opt/Druva/inSyncCloud/lib folder. You must copy the libaio.so.1 in ld.so.conf file in order to manually connect to inSyncConfigDBServer on Linux.
Perform the following steps:
- Copy the libaio.so.1 file to /tmp using the following command:
cp /opt/Druva/inSyncCloud/lib/libaio.so.1 /tmp
- Verify if the /tmp directory has any further file entries other than the copied library file.
- If no files other than the library file are found, run the following command:
echo “/tmp” >> /etc/ld.so.conf
After successfully completing the above steps, you should be able to connect to inSyncConfigDBServer manually.
Delete /temp entry after connecting to inSyncConfigDBServer
Once you are able to connect to inSyncConfigDBServer manually, remove /tmp entry of Id.so.conf file using the following steps:
- Navigate to /etc directory.
- Open ld.so.conf file using the command:
– vi ld.so.conf
- In the vi editor, press “i”. This allows you to write in the file (you should see INSERT at the bottom of the page).
- Go to the line where you see /tmp and delete the entry.
- Press Escape. This disables the INSERT option.
- To exit the vi editor, type ":wq" and then press the Enter key. This will exit the vi editor after saving the changes.
- To verify the changes, you can run: