This article explains how to troubleshoot the "Recovery policy configured for the system contains invalid recovery certificate" alert message (error code: 6012).
Recovery policy configured for the system contains invalid recovery certificate.
This alert message is displayed when the recovery certificate expires.
- Follow the steps to open the Microsoft Management Console Snap In.
- Go to Start, open the Run window, and type mmc and press Enter.
- Go to File, click Add/Remove Snap In, select Certificates from the Available Snap-ins menu, and click Add .
- Select My user account.
- Navigate to the following location:
- Console Root
- Certificates – current user
- Check the certificate, which is present and has intended purpose listed as “Encryption File System”. Verify whether it is expired or you do not find any available certificate, contact system administrator to login as an administrator account and add data recovery agent to resolve this issue.
For more information, refer to the following links: