This article applies to:
- Product edition: inSync Cloud
Office 365 backups fail after enabling multi-factor authentication and cloud app status is displayed as Not Connected.
Microsoft 365 issues a refresh token every 10 days. inSync fetches the token and it is validated by the global admin account. If the refresh token stored under inSync fails to match with that of Microsoft 365, the backups fail. The refresh tokens can be disqualified by an event where the global admin is enabled with multi-factor authentication.
Use the following steps to reconfigure Microsoft 365 with the global admin account for which multi-factor authentication is enabled.
- Login to inSync Management Console and go to Data Sources > Microsoft 365.
- Select Microsoft 365 and click Add Microsoft 365 Account.
- On the confirmation message, click Configure. The Microsoft 365 sign in page opens.
- Sign in with the same global admin credentials that were enabled with the multi-factor authentication.