|Approved by:||Akshay Deshmukh||Details||This article was created to document the information that went out with 5.9.8 patch announcement.|
This article applies to:
- Product edition: inSync On-Premise
Druva will end support for disk space savings storage on the Oracle Berkeley DB with the upcoming inSync On-Premises 5.9.8 patch release scheduled for July.
What is the impact of this change?
If the inSync administrator does not create the performance-based storage, then backups will fail for devices that are mapped to the disk space savings storage. Data in disk space savings storage (before switching to performance-based storage) will continue to be available for restore as per the defined retention policy settings.
To successfully execute backups per schedule, after upgrading to the On-Premises 5.9.8 patch, inSync administrators must create a new performance-based storage and assign users to this new storage. inSync will initiate a full backup of all the devices as soon as the user migration is complete.
Steps for deploying the new performance-based storage
Step 1: Identify if your organization is using the disk space savings storage
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Storage List.
- For every storage having the storage node as Local Storage Node perform the following steps:
- Click on the <Storage Name>.
- Copy the Data Folder path.
- Connect directly to the inSync Master server using remote desktop, ssh, or putty and so on.
- Traverse to the Data Folder path that you copied in the step b, earlier.
- If you find “__drstdata__” folder present, complete the following Step 2: Create a performance-based storage for every such storage.
If none of the storages have “__drstdata__” folder, you are not using disk space savings storage. The following Step 2: Create a performance-based storage is not applicable to you.
Step 2: Create a performance-based storage
Perform the following steps to create a new performance-based storage:
- Create a new storage. For more information, see Create a file store.
- Move all users from the old storage to the new storage in batches. For more information, see Change storage assigned to a user. inSync will run a full backup of the devices mapped to the new storage. Allow inSync to successfully complete the full backup.
- Upgrade to inSync On-Premises 5.9.8 patch release. Detailed instructions for the upgrade will be available at the time of the release.
For more information, see the latest version of inSync On-Premises documentation. For any assistance, contact Druva Support.