It is observed that backup of System and App settings of device A, when restored on device B with the same user credentials results in lock sign. This article explains the cause and resolution of this issue.
The system account on the user folder does not have appropriate permissions.
- Browse to C:\Users
- Right click on the correct Users folder and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Securities tab and select Advanced.
- Select Change Permissions.
- Highlight the name SYSTEM in the User selection window and provide Full control.
- Tick the box for 'Replace child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object'.
- Click Apply.
The correct security rights will be restored.