During installation of inSync client on a Windows client you will see the below error:
This occurs when there are multiple versions of Microsoft VC++ applications already installed which cause a conflict.
Please perform the following steps to resolve the issue:
DISCLAIMER: Steps given below will require you to uninstall all versions of Microsoft VC++ applications, which generally do not cause any issues. However, any dependent third party programs maybe affected.
- Launch the “Add/Remove Programs” from Control Panel on the client.
- Locate Microsoft VC++ applications and uninstall all of them one by one.
- Reboot the client device, this is an absolute must.
- After reboot, install the inSync client application. This time it will succeed.
NOTE: In scenarios where inSync client installation fails even after the reboot step, then you can manually download and install applicable release of Microsoft VC++ and then install the inSync client. For quick reference, download links are given below:
- For x64 bit device: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15336
- For 32bit device: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582