This article applies to:
- OS: Windows
- Product edition: inSync Client 5.9.5
Auto-upgrade of inSync Client 5.9.5 to a later version may fail.
Before initiating an auto-upgrade, inSync Client checks for a headless registry parameter on the Windows client device. If the headless registry parameter is missing, the auto-upgrade process exits causing the failure to upgrade.
inSync Client versions impacted
inSync Client versions 5.8 and 5.9 installed using IMD (Integrated Mass Deployment) without headless option and thereafter upgraded manually or by using IMD to version 5.9.5.
Only windows clients are impacted.
inSync Client versions not impacted
inSync Client versions lower than 5.8 installed using IMD. You can directly auto-upgrade devices running inSync Client versions lower than 5.8 from the admin console.
The existing client is fully functional except the auto-upgrade feature.
- On inSync Management Console, go to Data Sources > Devices.
- On the Manage Devices page, check the inSync Client version installed on the device and whether inSync Client version requires an upgrade.
- The user device running the latest client version is indicated with a check mark . The device that requires an upgrade is indicated with and up-arrow .
- Download the latest version of inSync Client from: https://downloads.druva.com/downloads/inSync/Windows/5.9.5/inSync5.9.5r57926.msi
- Install the downloaded inSync Client either by using deployment tools like SCCM, Landesk, or your native mass deployment tool. Only the MSI package needs to be pushed which will automatically upgrade the inSync Client. No need to use IMD commands as the devices are already activated and only client upgrade is needed.
Manually run the installer on an impacted device and follow the installation wizard to complete the client upgrade.
For additional queries assistance, contact Druva Support.