- What system settings does inSync back up?
To know the default system settings that inSync backs up, see Supported system settings.
- Does inSync use USMT?
Yes, it does. To perform a back up of system settings, inSync clients on Windows OS invoke the User State Migration Tool (USMT).
- Can I use custom USMT XMLs?
Yes, you can. However, you must request assistance from the Druva Support team to do this.
- What platforms does inSync support for system settings backup?
inSync supports Microsoft Windows 7 or later and Mac OS X 10.8 or later.
- Can I restore system settings from the inSync Admin Console?
No, you cannot. You must instruct users to restore system settings to their laptops. To know how this is done, see Restore system settings.
- Where can I look for system restore errors?
You can find errors related to system restores in the inSync client log files. inSync also displays an error if your system settings restore does not complete.
- How does inSync help me with operating system migration?
To know more about operating system migration using inSync, see OS migration using Persona Backup.
- Can I track operating system migration across my organization?
inSync does not track operating system migrations across your organization. However, you might be able to find some third-party tools that can perform such a tracking.
- Do I see an alert if an OS migration fails?
inSync does not generate alerts for migration failures.
- Is the OS license also migrated?
inSync does not perform the actual migration; rather it helps you import settings of a system before the migration. After the migration, it restores the imported settings. You should contact your system administrator to know if the license gets migrated.