This article provides steps to restore a vCenter/ESXi host registered in one organization to another vCenter/ESXi host in another organization across in another region.
Assumptions: The procedure is described with the following assumptions:
Source: Organization-1: vCenter-APAC
Destination: Organization-2 : vCenter-EMEA
Restore vCenter\ESXi across organizations
- Select the Organization1 – APAC > Protect > VMware > Register New Setup and copy the Token.
- Deploy new vCenter/Standalone backup proxy on vCenter-EMEA.
- While configuring the proxy, give the IP address/CName/FQDN of the vCenter-EMEA and paste the copied token.
Give a unique name or IP to the vCenter/ESXi host.
- Once vCenter-EMEA appears with the IP address/name under Organization1 – APAC, restore the desired VM by selecting the option Restore to an alternate location.
- Once the restore is complete, delete the newly deployed backup proxy and IP address entry of the vCenter-EMEA from the Organization1 – APAC.