This article applies to:
- OS: Windows
- Product edition: Phoenix
SQL server backup may fail with an SQL 6 error after changing the default SQL server port (1433).
The default SQL server port (1433) was changed using SQL Server Configuration Manager was not updated on ODBC Data Sources.
The following error is saved to the Phoenix-xxxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxx.log
[2018-05-18 13:48:33,210] [INFO] Error[('HYT00', '[HYT00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Login timeout expired (0) (SQLDriverConnect)')] while getting product info for instance [<Name of the instance>]
- Open ODBC Data Sources. (This application is located in the Windows Control Panel under Administrative Tools)
- Open ODBC Data Sources from the Administrative Tools list of the system.
- Open the System DSN tab.
- Select Data Sources as SQL Server.
- Click Client configuration and clear the Dynamically determine port checkbox.
- Enter the correct port number.
- Click OK and Finish.
- Start an SQL server backup.
Contact Druva Support if the issue does not resolve.