When you perform the Disk Restore from Phoenix Management Console, the newly created VM is named as per the following convention: <Name of the original virtual machine>_<counter>.
To access this disk, you need to attach the disk to any other existing working VM.
Attach the existing disk
Follow the below steps to attach the existing disk:
- Log in to vSphere Client.
- Right-click a virtual machine (running VM) and select Edit Settings.
- On the Virtual Hardware tab, click Add New Device.
- Select Existing Hard Disk from the drop-down menu.
The Select File dialog box is displayed.
- In the Select File, expand a datastore, select a restore virtual machine folder, and then select the disk to add.
- The restore VM is named as per the following convention: <Name of the original virtual machine>_<counter>.