Backups stuck at Pinging Sync Server on 0% on the Unix system
This article applies to:
- OS: Unix/Linux flavors
- Product edition: Phoenix
The backup logs show the request received from the master server and the master is able to connect to the storage nodes. However, after connecting the storage nodes, backup gets stuck with "Pinging Sync Server" and "No connection available in pool to execute_rpc_all_active" errors.
The above issue occurs if the avahi-daemon is running on the OS.
Avahi is a system which facilitates service discovery on a local network via the mDNS/DNS-SD protocol suite. This enables you to plug your laptop or computer into a network and instantly be able to view other people who you can chat with, find printers to print to, or find the shared files. Compatible technology is found in Apple MacOS X (branded Bonjour and sometimes Zeroconf.
Avahi daemon : avahi-daemon.service
If the avahi-daemon is active, you will periodically see a link-local entry in the routing table. When this entry is in the routing table, you get the error/warning message and backups do not work.
- Consult your system admin before you perform this change.
- Make sure these steps are performed only when the above condition is true and other troubleshooting aspects are already covered.
To resolve this issue:
- Edit the /etc/sysconfig/network file and add the following:
NOZEROCONF = yes
- Stop and disable the avahi-daemon services
- Restart the system. Restart is essential to apply all the changes made through these steps.