Backup proxy shows the following message:
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)
This error might occur due to the following reasons:
- Insufficient disk space when the root partition is mounted
- Corruption in Grub wherein the INITRD does not get mounted to load the kernel
- Reboot the backup proxy in the Advanced mode.
- Select the older version of the kernel. For example, kernel-3.10.0-352.1.2.el7.x86_64.rpm.
- Run the yum reinstall kernel to install the latest version of the kernel. For example, yum reinstall kernel-3.10.0-1062.1.2.el7.x86_64.rpm.
- Reboot the machine and the error should no longer appear.
- Verify the connection to phoenix.druva.com and vCenter on the port 443.
- Ensure that the status of the backup proxy appears as ‘connected’ on the Phoenix Management Console.