- NAS backup fails with Authorization Error for Dell Isilon NAS Device as the NAS proxy will call Isilon metadata API on the directories/files to identify which files are stub files.
- We do not backup the stub files by default because there are symlink or soft link files which don't contain the data, it only refers to the data.
- Stub files will not get backup and agent will skip these files for default behaviour.
- By default the value of parameter STUB_BACKUP_ENABLED is false in Phoenix.cfg of NAS proxy.
Dell Isilon NAS Device doesn't have the CloudPool License
Verify value of parameter(STUB_BACKUP_ENABLED) in Phoenix.cfg of NAS proxy
- Users can make the changes in Phoenix Configuration(Phoenix.cfg) file of NAS Proxy to skip the STUB file stat command to avoid identifying the STUB files.
- Follow below steps:
- Login to NAS proxy
- Edit Phoenix.cfg file
- Change the value of below parameter to True from False
STUB_BACKUP_ENABLED = True.