This article describes how to gather debug logs when the first backup proxy deployment fails using the first proxy deployer tool. This article describes manual and auto-generated logs collection. You can then share these debug logs with support.
Auto-generated logs collection
- In the Druva Proxy Deployer utility, click Download Logs to download the proxy deployer logs.
- You will see a message Logs downloaded successfully to the downloads folder on your computer when the download is complete. The Downloads folder is the default download location when you click Download Logs.
- Navigate to the Downloads folder. You will see a zipped log with the name in the format DruvaProxyDeployerLogs.Timestamp.log
The timestamp helps you determine the point in time when you downloaded the logs.
Manual log collection
- If you are unable to download the logs using the Proxy Deployer Utility, navigate to the C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Temp folder. The folder location is highlighted in the image below.
Note: You may have changed the location if the default location was low on free disk space.
- Navigate to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Temp\ProxyDeploy\<Number>\Logs folder. For example, folder 21260 contains the logs as illustrated below.
- Zip these logs and share them with support.