This article provides steps to increase the ZPool storage space in case the Phoenix Backup Store is running out of space.
- Perform this activity during a maintenance window or when the backups are not running.
- We recommend you to add a new disk instead of increasing the space of the existing disk part of ZPool.
- Shut down the Phoenix Backup Store virtual machine.
- Log on to the vCenter or Hyper-V virtual machine, whichever is applicable. Right-click on the Phoenix Backup Store virtual machine to add a new hard disk from the data store.
The following screenshot depicts an example of a Phoenix Backup Store virtual machine in VMware.
- Start the Phoenix Backup Store virtual machine.
- Run the command fdisk -l or lsblk and ensure the new disk shows up. Note the name of the new disk.
- Stop the PhoenixBackupStore service.
service PhoenixBackupStore stop
- Add the new disk to the pool. For example, the new disk is the /dev/sdd.
zpool add -f Phoenix /dev/sdd
- Start the PhoenixBackupStore service.
service PhoenixBackupStore start