To rename Hyper-V host with a different name other than hostname.
Step 1: Download the Phoenix agent and generate the activation token
- Log in to the Management Console.
- In the menu bar, select the organization under which the Hyper-V host is registered.
- Click Protect > Hyper-V. The Hyper-V page appears.
- In the left navigation pane, click Hosts. On the Hosts page select the host that you want to re-register.
- Click more options and then click Re-register. The Re-Register Hyper-V Server wizard appears.
- Click Proceed on the introduction screen of the wizard.
- In the Install Hyper-V Agent section, do one of the following:
- If you have not yet downloaded the Phoenix agent installer, click Download.
- If you have downloaded the Phoenix agent, click Next.
- Under the Activation Token section, click Copy Token icon and save the activation token in a text file.
- Click Done.
Step 2: Activate Phoenix Agent on the Hyper-V host
- Open the command-line prompt with Admin privilege, and change the directory to the agent installation directory.
For example, Phoenix agent is installed on C:\Program Files\Druva\Phoenix Agent.
- To change the directory in CLI, run: cd “C:\Program Files\Druva\Phoenix Agent”.
- After changing the directory, run the following commands to activate the agent:
PhoenixHyperVControl.exe activate <activation_token> --type <scvmm/cluster/standalone> --scvmm_fqdn <scvmm FQDN> --user <scvmm/cluster username> --password <scvmm/cluster password> -d <different_name>