SQL log backup completes with “successful with errors”. One or more databases are skipped from the log backup
The database(s) were recently restored hence they got skipped from the log backup
- Follow the instructions provided in the link below to obtain job logs.
How to collect the detailed job logs
- Extract the logs and go to Phoenix<YYYYMMDD>_<timestamp>.log file to see the below traceback in the logs.
[2022-09-07 04:09:48,332] [INFO] <_MainThread(MainThread)> Already restored <Instace_name>:<database_name>
- Log on to the SQL server which hosts the SQL instance
- Connect to the SQL Server Management Studio
- Execute the query to find out restore history of the database which is skipped from the log backup
select * from msdb.dbo.restorehistory where destination_database_name like '%<database_name>%'
Reference : restorehistory (Transact-SQL)
The output will show the information about the database restoration activity
- Run a manual backup from Phoenix console which will perform a differential backup after which the log backups for these databases will start working fine