This article applies to:
- Product edition: Phoenix
Unable to view the virtual machine of vCenter/ESXi host from the Phoenix Management Console.
Error while refreshing the vCenter/ESXi host VM list from the Phoenix Management Console.
Error message: Error in refreshing vCenter vm list. Error: Failed to refresh vm list while deleting vms and vhost.
This error is due to a known VMware issue.
Log Name: main_service.log
Location on Backup proxy: /var/log/Phoenix
[2019-10-14 12:00:07,547] [ERROR] Error in refreshing vCenter vm list. Error : Failed to refresh vm list while deleting vms and vhost (#10000007f) (Error Code : PHOENIX127)
[Warning] VMDK has none as UUID. Skipping VM: <server_name> from the listing.
- Login into one of the backup proxy from the backup proxy pool in the vCenter server/ ESXi host in question. See How to change the default password of Phoenix backup proxy for the default backup proxy credential.
- Check the main_services.log (/var/log/Phoenix).
- Find the server name(s) with the above traceback.
- Run this command to assign the UUID to the VM’s VMDK in the ESXi host.
vmkfstools -J setuuid /vmfs/volumes/datastore/VM</vm.vmdk>
- Refresh the vCenter/ESXi host VM list from the Phoenix Management Console.